The perfect number ten?
Its already 1:30 in the afternoon and I’m sitting here at my Mac, trying to write my tenth blog entry. Both the dryer and dishwasher are finished and now annoyingly peeping away. The dogs are lying by the door, still waiting for their morning walk. I haven’t taken anything out for dinner, my grandchildren are coming by later and I promised to make brownies. Oh yeah, and I’ve had five cups of tea, and I’m still in my pajamas!
I’ve always been a control freak and the thing I controlled most was my house. A place for everything and everything in its place. That was my motto. Well, things have changed.
I am now trying to write a blog, which I’m finding to be a very new and exciting challenge. I’ve made oh so many mistakes, which I will not point out in hopes that you haven’t noticed. Along with this, I’m constantly on the look out for something to tweet and have become hooked on Pinterest (its like shopping without spending any money). I dedicate hours to all my friends on Facebook and I’m trying to find people to review my book. Hint, hint…
The best and most surprising part of my new adventure is the ‘other’ blogs I’ve discovered. You see, not only am I a first time blogger, its also the first time I’ve read any blogs. In the past few months I’ve literally combed through hundreds of blogs before clicking the follow button on sixteen of them. I’d love to follow more, but as you can see I’m pressed for time.
Instead of giving out the names of these blogs, I thought I would tell a little about them and hopefully you’ll understand why they have come to mean so much to me. Maybe you’ll even recognize yours:
- A father telling his childhood stories to his children, and we’re lucky enough to listen.
- A sweet twenty-something working through depression and trying to change her life around.
- A fellow tea lover who’s gearing herself up to chase a dream.
- A poet sharing her sadness, yet finding the good in everything.
- A blogger on the threshold of forty and coming to terms with personal purposes.
- A former expat wife sharing her expat/repat experiences.
- An old classmate of mine sharing beautiful pictures and craft ideas.
- A fashion savvy Norwegian living in London.
- A feisty woman blogging about life, love and the occasional shitty day.
- A life from a writers point of view.
- A grown up TCK (third culture kid).
- An expat writer who also happens to be a white muslim living in a post 9/11 world.
- A multitasking Californian who’s into everything.
- A blog about living overseas, away from families and beyond comfort zones.
- A young American married to a Norwegian and starting a new life in Norway.
- The adventures of an American family living in Norway.
I love true stories about real people. Thats why I now rush to my Mac every morning eager to check my inbox. If anyone’s curious to find the name of one of these blogs, just ask…
Posted on April 5, 2012, in writing and tagged Adventure, America, Blogging, Book review, Challenge, Control freak, Expat, Facebook, Norway, Pinterest, Real people, tea lover, travel, True stories, vacation. Bookmark the permalink. 14 Comments.