Guilty or not guilty?
- Forgetting a birthday or anniversary (when it was written down on your calendar)
- Ordering pizza instead of making dinner (twice in the same week)
- Meeting friends instead of cleaning the house (and you have company coming)
- Haven’t called your mother in weeks (and promised yourself everyday, you’d do it tomorrow)
I think we can all agree its called guilt. If you don’t feel guilty about these things, then chances are you’re probably a man.
We women on the other hand are guilt hoarders and can very easily tie ourselves up into knots of shame over anything and everything. Sometimes we even go so far as to feel guilty over feeling guilty. It would seem this is our burden to bear for being the more caring and sensitive sex.
If this isn’t bad enough, we take it one step further by feeling guilty about things that make us feel good and then beat ourselves up for breaking our own rules!
- Chocolate (I promised myself only on weekends)
- Shopping (the last thing I needed was another pair of shoes)
- Gossip ( I should have never told her that)
The question is, what can we do to lighten the burden of our guilt?
Well, I’m no expert but I’ll tell you how I deal with my guilt. I let it quickly roll over me in waves. Some waves are stronger than others and I’ve actually been knocked down a time or two. But I just keep telling myself, if I didn’t feel guilty then I wouldn’t care and there is nothing wrong with caring.
As for those guilty pleasures… Whether you’re having your nails done and really can’t afford it, having a few cookies with your last cup of tea before bed, or just Keeping up with the Kardashian’s. (I’m guilty of all three) Don’t worry ladies you probably deserve it.